Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A little afternoon getaway

The sun is shining in Kansas this week and sometimes you just have to get out of the house and step away from the sewing machine. And so this weekend Hubby and I went for a little jaunt over the state line into Missouri. I had these shops in mind to visit in Cockerel and they did not disappoint! 


Five cottages in a delightful country setting, chock full of kitchen delights! 




                   And I mean full, here is just a small area of Fiesta Ware, my favorite dishes, I thought I had gone to dish heaven!


GurglePots! I was really tempted, they would match my Fiestaware! I hear they do indeed gurgle! Hubby dragged me past those, so I guess I'll never know. Um... this is not a place to bring your Hubby shopping if you know what I mean LOL! Make it a girlie afternoon!



After the shops we drove to nearby Lake Lotawana, an area which hubby had always wanted to explore. After driving for an hour through the hilly and windy narrow roads which surround the lake, we grew dizzy just trying to find our way out. By then we were super thirsty and in need of ice-cream. And so in our search of a Dairy Queen we happened across a little carnival!


I played a game where I won this penguin which cost me way more than buying it outright would have! And although we did not find ice cream, we had hots dogs and cotton candy!


Kansas City Quilt Festival is drawing closer, I finished Cleos apron and will spend the rest of this week cutting kits! Probably no more adventures for me until after the show. 



                                                                Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like a fun day and nice to get out and just be silly and do something different.

Debbie

Cowtown Quilts said...

Those aprons are adorable! I made a few also (3), but they are generic, except for some work (like garden) aprons. Hope to see you at KCRQF! What is your booth number?