Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hello September!

Happy September! Can you believe it, the kids are back to school (well not mine lol) and fall is just around the corner and.... it's my birthday month! A busy month it is going to be here also, I have 2 rounds of company coming... yay! Our Labor Day weekend was rather quiet here. Hubby and I went out to eat, took a little day drive to a lake north of here and shopped for these pretty fall flowers. Fox Glove, aren't they beautiful, and I just love the name. 


While shopping last week look what I came upon, nutcrackers! I used to collect them, not anymore but they do always make me smile. Christmas is full blown in the major craft stores. It may seem early to some, but when you are making gifts it is never too soon to pick up the supplies you need to get started. Are you making gifts this year? I have several projects started on my cutting table.


Speaking of cutting table, yikes my sewing room is a disaster. My room overfloweth with projects in various stages of completion, mostly early stages I might add. It is amazing how many pieces of fabric you can pull out of bins to audition for one little project, which never make their way back to storage. And I must admit my sewing room has run out of space it seems. I would love to knock down a wall and move into the adjoining room, but somehow I don't think that is going to happen in this lifetime!
Anyway, my dear friend Patty is flying in this week all the way from Buffalo NY. I am so looking forward to a week of girl time with her. Patty loves to work with wools and wool felts. There will be lots of sewing and chatter in the week ahead. 


Kitty update: our Daisy is getting so big! Everyday is a delight with her, she makes us laugh a lot at her antics. 


And now I best quit goofing off and get to my cleaning before Patty comes! 
Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

Daisy has really grown, she is a beautiful kitty. Sounds like you have a fun week ahead. We are having warm weather again, so enjoying the longer summer, while I can.

Debbie